Sunday, September 17, 2017
Director: Bill Jackson (905) 843-1236
Entries:Judy McDonald 10293 4th Line, R,.R.#5, Milton, ON L9T 2X9 T (905) 877-2001 F ax (905) 877-1241 email@example.com
Judge: David Lasby
Rules and Regulations
- All general rules of the Region of Peel Agricultural Societyapply and all exhibitors must be members of the Region of Peel Agricultural Society. ($5.00)
- All animals should be on the grounds by 9:00 a.m. and must remain until 4:00 p.m. but all cattle must be out of the barn by 6:00 p.m. on the day of the show.
- All exhibits must be owned and registered in the name of the exhibitor with Canadian Angus Registration. Note exceptions in the Get of Sire and Breeder’s Herd Classes. ENTRIES WITH REGISTRATIONS PENDING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- All animals must be legibly tattooed. Tattoos will be checked. If a tattoo is illegible or does not correspond to the tattoo number on the Certificate of Registration, the animal is not eligible to show and must be removed from the barn. No exceptions – this rule will be adhered to.
- An exhibitor is not required to list the names and number of animals comprising a herd or group at the time of making entry, but must give such information to the designated official of the Central Ontario Angus Club concerned with the checking of registration certificates before the commencement of the judging of the herd group.
- A bull over one year of age, without a ring in his nose, may be barred from showing.
- Tampering With Cattle: Unethical fitting of cattle for competition is prohibited. All cattle entered for competition shall be presented in the judging ring in their natural conformation and with no preparation other than natural feeding and fitting, with the exception of any treatment of hair and hoofs. No additional hair or any other foreign substances will be allowed with the exception of switches.
- In making entries, the owner’s name and address in full, the exact age of the animal, its name, registration number, names of dam and sire, and name of breeder, must be given on the entry sheet. The birth date of the calf must be show on the entry from and as well all 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 born entries must be tagged with “Angus” RFID tag.
- An animal owned jointly by more than one individual, firm or corporation, must be registered in the name of such owners jointly, and when shown in a single section must be entered in the name of the registered joint owner; but such an animal must form part of a herd exhibited by any one of the registered joint owners. Any of the joint owners may use the animal if eligible in a group entry.
- Only animals winning first or second prizes are eligible to compete for championship prizes.
- Animals will be judged at 12:30 p.m. on September 17 th, 2017. Exhibitors will govern themselves by the schedule without further notice. Cattle not in place at stated time will not be judged.
- Administration fee is $10.00 per entry. Entries close Sunday, September 3 rd , 2017. Late entry fee is $20.00 per animal. No charge for group classes but they must be listed on entry form. No refund of entry fee. Upon arrival at show exhibitors must check in with secretary to verify their entry. All exhibitors must be 2017 members of the Ontario Angus Association.
- Substitution of entries within the same class and same owner will be permitted. All substitutions must be made by 9:30 p.m. September 9th, 2017 with the Show Secretary.
- All exhibitors must have their own liability insurance and should be prepared to show proof when asked. Every Exhibitor must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement.
- There is no limit to number of entries per exhibitor.
- Exhibitors are to wear a Black Angus Show vet or a Black vest with white shirt.
- This is an aerosol and paint free show.
- Every exhibitor must sign an EXHIBITOR AGREEMENT which must be submitted with your entry. By signing this form, you are agreeing to abide by these rules and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- All exhibitors must be in good standing with Central Ontario Angus.
- Agriculture Rules & Regulations
- Section 2 – Light Harness Show
- Section 3 – Heavy Horse Show
- Section 4 – Welsh Pony Show
- Section 5 – Sport Pony Show
- Section 7 – Holsteins
- Section 8 – Open 4H Dairy Show
- Section 9 – 4H Dairy Achievement Program – Brampton Dairy Club
- Section 13 – Angus Preview Gold Show
- Section 16 – 20 – Sheep Show
- Section 21 – Poultry Show
- Section 23 – Pigeons
- Section 26 – Hay and Grain